90th anniversary essay contest
The Town Hall 90th Anniversary Essay Contest
The first place winner will receive $1000.
The second place winner will receive 2 tickets to the Benefit
- Submit a single essay that addresses the theme, “My First Memory of Town Hall” from 1930-1965.
- Your essay must have a title.
- Make sure your name and contact information appear on the first page of your story. If you are submitting online, this information needs to appear on the first page of the attached Word document. Include page numbers.
- Your story must be 500 words double-spaced (Times New Roman, 12pt font).
- Your story must be unpublished.
All submissions must be received by April 2, 2011. Online submissions must be submitted by 5pm Eastern Standard Time. Mailed submissions must arrive with the day's mail. (Entries postmarked on April 3, 2011 will NOT be accepted.)
Please do not send duplicate copies (submit either online or by mail). We cannot allow revisions to your story once we have received it. Due to the high volume of submissions and the small size of our office, we will not be able to notify you when we receive your story. As soon as the winner is selected, his or her name will be posted to this page, no later than April 22nd.
Contestants who submit online or provide their email address will be added to The Town Hall email list - please let us know if you do not wish to receive email about upcoming programs.
Family members of Town Hall employees are not eligible.
Where to submit your story
MEMORY STORY CONTEST
The Town Hall 123 West 43rd Street
New York, NY 10036
or submit online....