We live in a time when the advance toward a more connected, united, understanding world feels in peril. Has globalization gone too far too fast? And what could we do — together — about it? Some voices are demanding a retreat to insular nations battling for their own interests. But most of the big problems we face are collective in nature and global in scope.
It’s never been more important to find compelling new ideas about our future.
TEDGlobal>NYC takes place the same week as the gathering in New York of the United Nations General Assembly and welcomes visitors from the UN as well as myriad other global thinkers and doers who are in New York that week.
- Christiane Amanpour, Journalist, CNN
- Naoko Ishii, Chair, Global Environment Facility
- Robert Muggah, Urban issues expert, Igarapé Institute
- Elif Shafak, Novelist
- Per Espen Stoknes, Chair, Center for Green Growth
- Zeynep Tufekci, Techno-sociologist and author
- Margrethe Vestager, European Union Commissioner for Competition
- More speakers will be announced in the coming weeks.
Premium package: $250
- One seat in prime orchestra or prime balcony seating
- One ticket to premium open bar afterparty
Standard package: $80
- One seat in side orchestra, rear orchestra or balcony seating
- One ticket to cash bar TED afterparty