Town Hall is looking for professional and creative individuals who are interested in being part of our non-profit institution.
Consulting teaching artists are committed to working with educators and students in the disciplines of music, theatre, dance, and visual arts. Reporting to the principals of the schools they serve, teaching arts will be responsibile for creating lesson plans customized to each school's particular education standards, directing classroom instruction, and maintaining communication with the schools and Town Hall regarding educational progress and outcomes.
- Experience working in the arts
- Strong commitment to arts based learning and a desire to support the education initiative of Town Hall
- Availability to teach during school hours
- Willingness to travel to schools in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, and the Bronx
- Strong interpersonal and classroom management skills
- Ability to multitask and adapt to changes
- Current proof of fingerprinting clearance with the NYC Department of Education
Applicants are accepted year round. Preference given to percussionists.