Town Hall is looking for professional and creative individuals who are interested in being part of our non-profit institution.
Education Administrative Assistant (Part-Time)
The Town Hall is seeking an Education Administrative Assistant, who will work closely with the Education Department to administratively support the Education Outreach Programs. This is an ideal position for an individual with a passion for the arts, an interest in nonprofit work, and a strong desire to gain a greater understanding of education partnerships in schools and the community. The candidate must be an enthusiastic, organized, proactive, and reliable team player. Reporting to the Director of Education, the Education Administrative Assistant’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Duties and Responsibilities
* Provide general administrative/clerical support to Education Outreach Programs.
* Assist in implementing school and community residencies throughout NYC including school and Teaching Artist contracts, and creating/processing work orders and invoices.
* Maintain updated education spreadsheets with overall program information, student enrollment, demographics and other school data.
* Organize database and maintain data entry and maintain education files.
* Catalogue education photos/videos to prepare for social media and grant reporting.
* Research Arts Education trends, policies and current events.
*Update education calendar throughout school year.
*Perform special projects as needed.
*Any other duties assigned by the Director of Education.
* Bachelor’s Degree
* Strong computer and research skills (Microsoft Office).
* Ability to manage multiple tasks and timelines simultaneously.
* Professional demeanor, attention to detail, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
*Passion for arts education and social justice.
*Eligible to work in USA.
This position is part-time, 24 hours/week with occasional evening and weekend hours as needed.
Start date: Mid-September 2019
Town Hall is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position please email your resume and cover letter to Lauren Noble, Director of Education by Friday, August 30 with the subject line “Education Administrative Assistant.” NO CALLS PLEASE.
Status: Part Time/Independent Contractor
About our School Education Programs
Since 1998, when our education outreach programs were founded, The Town Hall has impacted the lives of over one million children throughout New York City. Known for our multidisciplinary programs, Town Hall offers arts education and enrichment activities to students which find creative ways for them to understand subjects in the core curriculum while applying their classroom knowledge to real world situations. Teaching Artist Openings: Town Hall is seeking part-time teaching artists (independent contractors) in the following areas for NYC schools and senior centers: visual arts, dance, theatre, technical theatre, and music. Experience in developing social justice curriculum is a plus. Our Teaching Artists are independent contractors, and as such, Town Hall does not withhold taxes. Part-time hours are assigned by DOE schools, and are made available in compliance with Town Hall’s contract with the DOE.
* Developing and implementing lesson plans.
* Teaching a large, diverse group of young people from a broad range of ages and demographics.
* Working with classroom teachers and administrators as a part of a collaborative team
* Submission of lesson plans, sign in sheets, and timesheets to the Town Hall office.
* Traveling between our office and partner schools.
* A bachelor’s degree, equivalent certification, or relevant professional experience.
* Experience working with diverse youth populations.
* Experience in youth arts education.
* A strong collaborative spirit and sense of ensemble.
* Experience in New York City public schools is a plus.
* All selected Teaching Artists must be fingerprinted with the NYC Department of Education.
Please email your cover letter, teaching resume, and contact information for three references to Lauren Noble, Director of Education. No phone calls, please. The Town Hall Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.