Town Hall is looking for professional and creative individuals who are interested in being part of our non-profit institution.
Status: Part Time/Independent Contractor
About our School Education Programs
Since 1998, when our education outreach programs were founded, The Town Hall has impacted the lives of over one million children throughout New York City. Known for our multidisciplinary programs, Town Hall offers arts education and enrichment activities to students which find creative ways for them to understand subjects in the core curriculum while applying their classroom knowledge to real world situations. Teaching Artist Openings: Town Hall is seeking part-time teaching artists (independent contractors) in the following areas for NYC schools and senior centers: visual arts, dance, theatre, technical theatre, and music. Experience in developing social justice curriculum is a plus. Our Teaching Artists are independent contractors, and as such, Town Hall does not withhold taxes. Part-time hours are assigned by DOE schools, and are made available in compliance with Town Hall’s contract with the DOE.
* Developing and implementing lesson plans.
* Teaching a large, diverse group of young people from a broad range of ages and demographics.
* Working with classroom teachers and administrators as a part of a collaborative team
* Submission of lesson plans, sign in sheets, and timesheets to the Town Hall office.
* Traveling between our office and partner schools.
* A bachelor’s degree, equivalent certification, or relevant professional experience.
* Experience working with diverse youth populations.
* Experience in youth arts education.
* A strong collaborative spirit and sense of ensemble.
* Experience in New York City public schools is a plus.
* All selected Teaching Artists must be fingerprinted with the NYC Department of Education.
Please email your cover letter, teaching resume, and contact information for three references to Lauren Noble, Director of Education. No phone calls, please. The Town Hall Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.